Westminster Party Boats promises to respect any personal data you share with us, or that we get from other organisations and keep it safe. We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you would not reasonably expect.
- What information we collect about you and how we collect it
- Information you give us
When you make a booking with us for boat hire, we will ask you for your personal information in order for us to process your booking.
Personal information we collect may include:
- Title, first name, last name;
- Name of organisation if booking on behalf of a company
- Postal address, email address and phone numbers
- Bank or credit card details in respect of payment
We collect this personal information when you fill in forms on this website, or when you correspond with us by telephone or e-mail.
- Information you give to third parties
We may also collect personal data from the following third parties:
- Other trade partners who you book through such as caterers or event organizers.
By using CCTV, to prevent and detect crime and to keep people who visit and work on our boats or at our piers safe and secure.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- Google analytics
This website uses Google Analytics in order to analyse the data but we do not collect any personal information. We use this tool to understand how our visitors are using and interacting with our website and apps. This analysis helps us to make improvements to our web services and your online experience.
- Social media
If you are a social media user, we will use certain social media tools as part of our relationship with you. These include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- What we do with your information
Currently we use your data for the following purposes:
- To provide a product or service you have requested
- To contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information (e.g. service cancellation)
- Lost property
- Customers complaints
- Invoicing purposes
- To comply with a legal obligation, for the following purposes:
- where you exercise your rights under data protection law and make requests;
- to co-operate with investigations made by official maritime bodies such as the Maritime and Coastguard Agency and the Port of London Authority; and
- to comply with any legal obligation, any lawful request from government or law enforcement officials and as may be required to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or prevent illegal activity.
- We will never sell your personal data
- We will never use your personal data for any marketing purpose
4. Who do we share your personal data with
We share the data with third parties, to help manage our business and deliver services. These third parties may from time to time need to have access to your personal data, and include:
- Service providers, who help manage our IT and back office systems, and assist with our Customer Relationship Management activities, like marketing agency partners (Website maintenance, booking system, Search Engine Optimisation, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter accounts), Credit card service company and payroll service company.
We recognise the need to ensure that personal information gathered via this website remains secure. Our agency partners use industry standard Secure Server Software (SSL) for your transactions with us to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. However, you acknowledge that although we exercise adequate care and security there remains a risk that information transmitted over the Internet and stored by computer may be intercepted or accessed by an unauthorised third part.
- Recruitment and employment
In order to comply with our contractual, statutory, and management obligations and responsibilities, we process personal data, from job applicants and employees.
We share this personal data with the payroll service company. Payslips are issued by them.